Fatal fire in Ashford
Ojeda files suit against attacker
Subcommittee hearing held in Logan
Tomblin presents funds for displaced workers
- WV Fire & Ice Festival set for October 28 - 10:32 am
- Danville boat ramp a boost for tourism - 10:56 am
- Fatal fire in Ashford - 10:55 am
- Potato, Po-tat-o - 10:55 am
- No charges in shooting - 10:55 am
- DUI arrest follows crash - 10:55 am
- Christian Heritage Week declared - 10:55 am
- Hatfield and McCoy Country Museum grand opening - 10:55 am
- Fire prevention week 2016 - 10:55 am
- “Night of the Living Dead” - 10:54 am
- Ojeda files suit against attacker - 3:41 pm
- DUI arrest follows crash - 11:24 am
- New staff member at CVN - 3:41 pm
- Subcommittee hearing held in Logan - 3:40 pm
- Curriculum change at Madison Middle - 3:40 pm
- 6 graduate from drug court - 3:40 pm
- DHHR to host public hearing - 3:40 pm
- Veteran’s Memorial vandalized in Madison - 11:41 am
- BCC declares Oct. 3 Breast Cancer Awareness Day - 11:38 am
- Dignity Hospice walk draws crowds - 9:53 am
- Grand jury indicts 24 - 9:53 am
- Fall Festival set for Oct. 8 - 9:53 am
- Tomblin presents funds for displaced workers - 9:52 am
- Big Coal River Heritage Festival - 9:52 am
- BMH Health Fair set for Oct. 7 - 9:52 am
- 9 arrested after Boone Co. drug bust - 9:52 am
- KSP Trooper cleared in fatal Freeburn shooting - 11:12 am
- Hewett native travels to Dubai - 7:20 am
- Read Aloud Boone County - 7:20 am
- Two Sentenced in Circuit Court - 7:20 am
- Trash Your Kayak - 7:20 am
- Capito introduces bipartisan Bill - 12:55 pm
- Annual Labor Day Celebration in Boone County - 5:45 pm updated: 5:45 pm.
- Rep. Jenkins statement on announcement new W.Va. coal mines - 11:05 am
- Sink or Swim ? - 9:34 am
- Group pushing Earned Income Tax Credit for W.Va. - 10:54 am
- Fatal accident on Corridor G - 10:59 am
- HUB spurs economic diversification - 10:59 am
- Spaulding speaks at Rotary meeting - 9:32 am
- MCRA gets updates - 9:32 am
- Employee wellness at BMH - 9:31 am
- Bridge project nearing start - 10:25 am
- Boone County Fair draws crowds - 10:25 am
- Streetscape funding approved - 10:24 am
- “Tree of Giving” grows at BMH - 11:24 am
- WVU allumni hold pig roast - 11:24 am
- Personal stories surround BOE decision - 9:27 am
- Boone admins, faculty attend meeting of state board - 9:27 am
- Farmer’s Market vouchers available - 9:26 am
- BOE passes state-backed budget - 9:26 am
“Night of the Living Dead”
LOGAN, W.Va. — A returning Venus probe, mysterious radiation, the dead rising to life and gripping personal drama will be portrayed by Southern ...
DUI arrest follows crash
LOGAN, W.Va. — A resident of Madison, W.Va. was arrested recently after she allegedly drove while intoxicated causing her to flip her truck into...
New staff member at CVN
The Coal Valley News would like to introduce its new reporter, Heather Kinder.Readers may have already noticed Kinder’s work in the paper, and t...
Subcommittee hearing held in Logan
LOGAN, W.Va. — Senator Shelley Moore Capito led a field hearing of the Clean Air and Nuclear Safety Subcommittee at the Chief Logan State Park L...
Curriculum change at Madison Middle
MADISON, W.Va – A local middle school will be seeing changes in their classes for their second grading period starting October 19.A parent from ...
Van downs Sherman, 30-13
By Phil PerryFor the Coal Valley NewsSETH - In what was rightfully pitted as a battle of county rivals, the Bulldogs of Van took down the Sherman Tide...
Roberts runs Skyhawks past Pioneers, 48-20
By Phil PerryFor the Coal Valley NewsMADISON, W.Va - Scott High School picked up their second victory of the season in dramatic fashion on Friday as j...
Sherman Tide drowns Cardinals
SETH, W.Va. — It was a cool autumn night as the Sherman Tide varsity football team took to the field for their Homecoming game Friday, Sept. 30 ...
Howard TD pass lifts West Virginia over Kansas State 17-16
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Skyler Howard was waiting for something good to happen to West Virginia’s offense.That occurred in the fourth qua...
Sherman defeats Wirt County
The Sherman Tide defeated Wirt County on the road this past Friday night, September 23, by a score of 59 to 6.The Tide is now 4–1 for the 2016 t...
Scott snaps losing streak with win at Poca
Doug SmockSports WriterCharleston Gazette-MailPOCA — Four senior starters left the team, another one was ruled ineligible and the coach was hosp...
Blueberry Cheesecake Bread Pudding
By Janet CrowGuest ColumnistI don’t get a sweet tooth that often, but when I do, I want something easy to make to satisfy it. I grew up with bre...
Rotarians hold annual dinner, name Citizen of the Year
MADISON, W.Va. — The Madison Rotary Club ended its 2015-16 club year with an evening dinner on June16 in the Fellowship Hall of the Madison Unit...
This Week in West Virginia History
By Michael Kellerkeller@wvhumanities.orgCHARLESTON – The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to ...
Southern named to 2016 Military Friendly Schools list
MT. GAY — Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College has announced that it has been designated a 2016 Military Friendly® School...
Southern releases Fall 2015 Dean’s List
MT. GAY, W.Va. — Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College has announced that the following students have been placed on the Dean...
Halfway point for the legislature
By Phil KablerFor the W.Va. Press AssociationLegislators marked the halfway point of the 60-day regular session with an impassioned debate in the Hous...
Republicans debate who will play the alpha
The most primal scene in American politics is a debate stage, where candidates wrestle in rhetorical mud for dominance. Of course, when the candidates...
Russia & Hezbollah: A dirty nexus
The following editorial is from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:Jan. 16—Russia’s “assistance” in the Middle East is not limited ...
Doubts on Islamic State plan spur fear
Here’s the message President Barack Obama was promoting on foreign policy in his last State of the Union speech Tuesday: “Don’t worr...
Trump-Putin friendship gives reason to worry
Nothing better symbolizes the depressing foreign policy year of 2015 than the bromance between Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.“Bromance,”...
State Department delusions
The following editorial is from The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:Jan. 04—Among its self-congratulatory year-end assessments, the State Department r...
Safety at West Virginia coal mines remains a persistent problem
On March 8 of this year, John Michael Garloch started his Sunday night shift at the McElroy mine in Marshall County, West Virginia like any other. Gar...
Medical student visits Rotary
West Virginia University third year medical student Sarah Lively, left, presented to the the Madison Rotary Club. Her topic was the Rural Tract Clinic...
Companies in bankruptcy hold most top-producing Central Appalachia coal mines
Even some of the top-producing mines in Central Appalachia are producing less coal as producers with a large footprint in the region find it increasin...
Hospital official visits Rotary
Karlie Belle Price, right, Public Relations and Marketing director for Boone Memorial Hospital, was the guest of the Madison Rotary Club on Thursday, ...
UMWA reaches agreements in principal with Blackhawk and VCLF in Patriot Coal bankruptcy
“We have reached prospective collective bargaining agreements in principal with both Blackhawk Mining and the Virginia Conservation Legacy Fund ...