Trash Your Kayak
Boone County musician set to perform at World’s Largest Bluegrass Festival
MCRA gets updates
Employee wellness at BMH
New BMH now in use
- KSP Trooper cleared in fatal Freeburn shooting - 11:12 am
- Hewett native travels to Dubai - 7:20 am
- Read Aloud Boone County - 7:20 am
- Two Sentenced in Circuit Court - 7:20 am
- Trash Your Kayak - 7:20 am
- Capito introduces bipartisan Bill - 12:55 pm
- Annual Labor Day Celebration in Boone County - 5:45 pm updated: 5:45 pm.
- Rep. Jenkins statement on announcement new W.Va. coal mines - 11:05 am
- Sink or Swim ? - 9:34 am
- Group pushing Earned Income Tax Credit for W.Va. - 10:54 am
- Fatal accident on Corridor G - 10:59 am
- HUB spurs economic diversification - 10:59 am
- Spaulding speaks at Rotary meeting - 9:32 am
- MCRA gets updates - 9:32 am
- Employee wellness at BMH - 9:31 am
- Bridge project nearing start - 10:25 am
- Boone County Fair draws crowds - 10:25 am
- Streetscape funding approved - 10:24 am
- “Tree of Giving” grows at BMH - 11:24 am
- WVU allumni hold pig roast - 11:24 am
- Personal stories surround BOE decision - 9:27 am
- Boone admins, faculty attend meeting of state board - 9:27 am
- Farmer’s Market vouchers available - 9:26 am
- BOE passes state-backed budget - 9:26 am
- New BMH now in use - 9:26 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Tobacco, vape taxes rise - 10:09 am
- ARTS to stage “Wizard of Oz” - 10:09 am
- BOE rejects state’s financial directives - 10:09 am updated: 2:54 pm.
- New superintendent sworn in - 11:57 am
- Taking the oath - 8:08 pm
- Oceana Heritage Festival set for July 10 - 4:05 pm
- Funding secured for Boone Co. schools - 10:00 am
- New murals on Main Street - 10:00 am
- Coal Festival opens - 10:00 am
- The Hub comes to Madison - 9:59 am updated: 10:00 am.
- Concealed weapon law discussed - 10:37 am
- Bee company takes flight at Seth - 10:37 am
- Students participate in Earth Day celebration - 10:36 am
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast opens Thursday - 10:36 am
- Bill gives cities new options in B&O tax collection - 11:13 am
- Scott High bathroom incident “disciplinary issue” - 12:28 pm
- Boone County elects change - 12:07 pm
- Details on Hobet site emerge - 7:55 am updated: 2:07 pm.
- Apartment explosion in Madison injures six - 7:13 pm
- Boone County Commission has routine meeting - 9:48 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Hospital construction - 8:29 am
- Thousands without power in Boone Co. last week - 3:17 pm
- “Got Change?” wins - 9:33 am
- Right-to-work, budgets shape W.Va. session - 12:24 pm
Group pushing Earned Income Tax Credit for W.Va.
The state Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) could help West Virginians who work but struggle to get by on low wages, according to Seth DiStefano, Campai...
Fatal accident on Corridor G
Danville, W.Va. — A manager at the Logan County Kroger died after a car accident near Boone County Friday August 26.Levi Shannon Dorsey, 22, of ...
HUB spurs economic diversification
MADISON, W.Va. — The citizens of Madison are creating change. Just under two months ago, the IAS program, organized by The Hub, held a community...
Spaulding speaks at Rotary meeting
MADISON, W.Va. — The Madison Rotary Club learned about ABLE (Affirming, Believing, Learning, Empowering) Families, a non-profit faith-based agen...
MCRA gets updates
WILLIAMSON – The Mingo County Redevelopment Authority (MCRA) received an update on several projects at its regular monthly meeting, including th...
Employee wellness at BMH
MADISON — The employees of Boone Memorial Hospital just wrapped up the first round of a competition hosted by their Employee Wellness Committee....
Panthers outlast Bulldogs, 42-20.
NAUGATUCK – The Tug Valley Panthers improved their record to 2-1 after defeating the Van Bulldogs 42-20 on Friday night. The game was sponsored ...
Howard throws 5 TDs, WVU beats Youngstown St. 38-21
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Skyler Howard wouldn’t let strained ribs hold him back.Howard tied a career high with five touchdown passes, lead...
Cleanin’ out the old sports notebook
Congratulations to former Matewan High School football AP Player of the Year and Marshall University All-American Melvin Cunningham for being named to...
Rolling The Dice At Bristol
By Steve MickeyNascar ColumnistSunday morning in the pits at Bristol Motor Speedway before the running of the Food City 500, it was apparent that the ...
All-Big 12 Men’s Basketball Awards
Press ReleaseIRVING,Texas - For just the second time in Big 12 history, the Conference has a repeat choice for Player of the Year as Oklahoma’s ...
This Week in West Virginia History
By Michael Kellerkeller@wvhumanities.orgCHARLESTON – The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to ...
Southern named to 2016 Military Friendly Schools list
MT. GAY — Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College has announced that it has been designated a 2016 Military Friendly® School...
Southern releases Fall 2015 Dean’s List
MT. GAY, W.Va. — Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College has announced that the following students have been placed on the Dean...
Pepperoni Stuffed Banana Peppers
By Janet CrowGuest ColumnistWith the Super Bowl right around the corner I wanted to share with you one of my families favorite appetizers. These peppe...
Cheddar Salmon Patties
There was no better meal growing up than salmon patties, hot biscuits and gravy. Now, my Mama has the patience of a saint and would pick the bones out...
Republicans debate who will play the alpha
The most primal scene in American politics is a debate stage, where candidates wrestle in rhetorical mud for dominance. Of course, when the candidates...
Russia & Hezbollah: A dirty nexus
The following editorial is from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:Jan. 16—Russia’s “assistance” in the Middle East is not limited ...
Doubts on Islamic State plan spur fear
Here’s the message President Barack Obama was promoting on foreign policy in his last State of the Union speech Tuesday: “Don’t worr...
Trump-Putin friendship gives reason to worry
Nothing better symbolizes the depressing foreign policy year of 2015 than the bromance between Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.“Bromance,”...
State Department delusions
The following editorial is from The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:Jan. 04—Among its self-congratulatory year-end assessments, the State Department r...
The end of ‘affluenza’
The following editorial appeared in the Chicago Tribune on Thursday, Dec. 30:Not influenza, “affluenza.”The term — a play on the wor...
Safety at West Virginia coal mines remains a persistent problem
On March 8 of this year, John Michael Garloch started his Sunday night shift at the McElroy mine in Marshall County, West Virginia like any other. Gar...
Medical student visits Rotary
West Virginia University third year medical student Sarah Lively, left, presented to the the Madison Rotary Club. Her topic was the Rural Tract Clinic...
Companies in bankruptcy hold most top-producing Central Appalachia coal mines
Even some of the top-producing mines in Central Appalachia are producing less coal as producers with a large footprint in the region find it increasin...
Hospital official visits Rotary
Karlie Belle Price, right, Public Relations and Marketing director for Boone Memorial Hospital, was the guest of the Madison Rotary Club on Thursday, ...
UMWA reaches agreements in principal with Blackhawk and VCLF in Patriot Coal bankruptcy
“We have reached prospective collective bargaining agreements in principal with both Blackhawk Mining and the Virginia Conservation Legacy Fund ...