MADISON — Quality Insights Quality Innovation Network’s Everyone with Diabetes Counts (EDC) program is partnering with Boone Memorial Hospital (BMH) to provide free diabetes education in Boone County and surrounding areas.
The EDC program is a national initiative of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). It is administered by Quality Insights in West Virginia as well as Delaware, Louisiana, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The program offers free classes that are open to people with diabetes, their family members and caregivers. The classes are designed to help participants take control of their diabetes and change their life. Individuals with pre-diabetes can also benefit from these classes.
• Who: Quality Insights/Everyone with Diabetes Counts, Boone Memorial Hospital
• What: Free Diabetes Education Classes
• When: Thursdays, August 13 through September 17 at 5:00 p.m.
• Where: Boone Memorial Hospital – Upstairs Conference Room
• Why?: Participants will learn about diabetes risks, nutrition, weight management, how to properly manage medications and much more. Past participants have reported weight loss, improvement of lab results and a decrease in medications.
To register for classes, please contact Traci Gillispie at (304) 346-9864 ext. 3221 or email email@example.com. Visit www.qualityinsights-qin.org for more information.