A hazardous weather outlook has been issued by the National Weather Service for Boone County and several other counties in the region. The outlook says a disturbance will produce snow on Friday and there is still uncertaintly with the strength of the storm system, therefore, the amount of snow to expect remains unclear.
The local weather forecast call for likely snow showers tonight. The forecast is as follows: This afternoon, mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. West wind around 7 mph. Tonight, snow showers likely, mainly between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Thursday, a chance of snow showers, mainly before 8 a.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 25. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Thursday night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Calm wind. Friday, snow likely, mainly between 10am and 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Friday night, a chance of snow showers, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Saturday, partly sunny, with a high near 27. Saturday night, mostly clear, with a low around 13. Sunday, partly sunny, with a high near 34. Sunday night, cloudy, with a low around 26.